Seeking a Senior Designer
Lowney Architecture is a vibrant 30-person design-oriented architecture firm in downtown Oakland. We work on a variety of projects, with a focus on multi-family residential, mixed-use, and retail. We create beautiful places that advance the quality of life in their communities and with an environmentally aware approach. Our office culture is one of casual professionalism. We work hard and we push each other, but we never forget to have fun in the pursuit of excellence. We want you to enjoy working here.
We are seeking a highly qualified senior designer with in depth experience in multi-family housing projects with a minimum of 7-10 years of relevant professional experience. The ideal candidate has an in depth knowledge of constructability, is confident giving design presentations, is versatile with generating digital 3D design ideas, and has a diverse portfolio of clearly resolved built work. The position is full-time. Compensation is based on experience and skill-set. The successful candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture – Master’s degree preferred
- 7-10 years of post-academic, professional design experience [at least 2 years of which is in mixed use residential and/or high-rise projects]
- Able to quickly and efficiently produce working/study models and presentation quality renderings using SketchUp (with rendering plug-ins)
- Exceptional design, management, organization, and communication skills
- Proficiency in Revit a must have – expertise a plus
- Extensive knowledge of architectural design, detailing, building materials and methods, building codes, and comprehensive understanding of the entitlement process
- Applicants must excel in working collaboratively and effectively with the ability to lead fast-paced projects through all phases of project delivery, while fostering team spirit and an atmosphere of teaching and learning
- Highly organized, collaborative and detail oriented
Please email your cover letter to email@example.com, resume and portfolio in pdf form [10MB max file size]. Thank you for your consideration.
Never too Old for a Field Trip
This past Thursday, Lowney Architecture ventured out of the office and over to SFMOMA for some full-scale design inspiration. We took a guided tour of the Mario Botta building and Snøhetta addition, stopping in to appreciate the art exhibits along the way.
In the same trip, we stopped at Panoramic's office to experience the first of many MicroPAD units we have worked with Panoramic in designing, where we then answered the question, "How many architects does it take to fill an SRO unit?" (Answer: At least 18)
Afterward, we were treated to a beautiful dinner at Hakkasan, a Cantonese restaurant in the heart of San Francisco. (Highly recommend it!)
Images courtesy of our very own Nick Gomez.
Happy Halloween from the Lowney Team!
It may look like any ordinary day at Lowney, but a few of us definitely forgot to shave this morning. Happy Halloween! May it be full of plaid shirts and scruffy beards.
Lowney Architecture Stays Profitable by Design, Lands ‘Best Year Ever’
Publication: San Francisco Business Times
By Richard Procter
Photo: Spencer A Brown
Lowney Architecture Welcomes New Leadership
Publication: Seattle Post
Elisabeth Sporer to work with founder Ken Lowney on forging a sustainable future for the firm Oakland, CA (PRWEB) December 22, 2014 Lowney Architecture – one of the top 100 fastest-growing private companies in the San Francisco Bay Area as...